Thursday, June 01, 2006

Fake smile, dry throat, red n damp eyes!!!!!!!

Ooopphh!! Well it is a nomadic life. Move on! Move on where? To a different place! Relocate! Why…? To reach an unknown destiny! A part of life’s journey. Yes it is all the facts of life, in fact hard realities, realities that usually wipes of the camouflage of all being good. The moment of truth, the moment when someone is not being with you after a minute, the moment when one is going away!! I have always been amazed by the way how relationships are formed and how, we will know its importance once you are deprived of it. In ‘Friends’, the sitcom, the point I am talking about is well captured in one episode when Rachel leaves Monica’s and go to Phoebe’s. It is good in the drama like that and moreover all are girls, we men don’t cry (at least I don’t!!). I have been (un)fortunate to experience it from both the ends, I meant the receiving and giving end. On the giving end, all the ‘Love you’s and ‘Miss you’s from my mom, my sis and my family when I left home was though ringing in my ears, I could not speak a word like that, because it made others think that I am weak. At the receiving end, it is your chance to tell them how you feel about them, but yet, you won’t express anything, because it will again make others think how weak you are. Yet I still feel the same as everyone. All the feelings are hidden behind a fake smile, very evident ounces of tasteless saliva being gulped into my dry throat and red damp eyes!!!!

I think all men feel the same or least agree to this!!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well! let me not start the arguement.. 'Men dont cry'! They do! probably in solitude!

Anonymous said...

i didnt get where this is going.......................

Guru said...

um.....thanks for your comments..

I am not sure if it is two diff anonymous's or the same one writing twice. I reckon it is the former one because the two comments are not so related...

well anonymous 1: As I said, though I dont cry, I know guys who do. I think I should start expressing my grief by crying it out instead of many other alternatives...

anonymous 2: um...... it is all the learning with different people at different stages of my life till now.

Anonymous said...

Having been in similar situations, I get what you are telling Guru. Very true!!

Anonymous said...

Hey crying won't make u weak. It just brings out the grief and helps u get emotionally stronger if not anything else.

Guru said...

hey u from OOO...

crying does makes us stronger...is it? i should try it once...

hey ashwin,

it will be a typical 'Mard ban! Be a man 'situation alva.. holding back u r emotions..

Praveen Mayakar said...

well..Guru I would say that we should take this from two perspectives.one from self and the other from the responses of those outside you. Fake smiles come only where there is no feeling between the two minds. As in the case of your family members what u get is a deep feeling,care and love. Looking from self, you should respond to it in a way that they get the response for the feeling they have towards you. Doesnt matter what way you express your response towards the feeling.

Looking from the outer end, it depends on how your responses normally are towards the society. If you don care what people think...crying or anything is fine. Otherwise if u do care about the social behaviour then just express your responses being close to those who care for you.

In short what i would say is...care for those who care for you and forget about the rest coz they do care for those who they are cared by.

note: i am not trying to put a conclusion here...just my views...in words here.

Anonymous said...

Hi Guru :)

Why don't you give it a go once to see how it feels? You can even intersperse jokes in your emotional moment to lighten it up. :)

Sounds like you're going through tough changes, though. Good luck. I'm sure you'll adjust quickly.

-Shruti

Chitra said...

Expressing of emotoions is not weakness, it takes a lot of courage to express oneself. I do agree that there a very few people with whom you can expressive.

Guru said...

@chitra...

thanks for your comments..i can now say.. it def takes a lot of courage to express oneself!! expressions! expressions! i feel it is tougher than i thought

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! black dating Leadership+training+and+coaching Eau de fraincher aftershave Jogging schwinn single stroller Timeshare rentals allow http://www.malpracticecalifornia0.info take credit card over the web Free freaky cum shots Carnival cruise line specials Personal loan hard money lender Diet herbalife supplement Celexa online rx drugs Every thing about a 2001 oldsmobile alero Hair removal tweezers Dcr-hc1000 minidv handycam camcorder dental insurance procedure codes porsche new