Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Life eh?

She was there, standing, was waiting I guess. I came rushing towards her, seeing my watch. Thought I would miss, in fact I was more than brisk walking, I was running. I was all smiling. I was early, rather it was late. I had to wait, so was she. She was restless, lifting her legs backwards at random times. She was smiling though. I was waiting, so was she. I was seated in the waiting area. She was standing though there was some seating. In front of me were the youth of Britain. 4 blond girls in skimpy clothing flashing their latest mobiles were opposite to me shouting and screaming (literally). She was still restless, I could not stand her restlessness any more. I walked to her and offered her my seat. She said, with lovely smile. I should say, she was very attractive. She came to me after that and we started speaking. She said “ I have pain in my legs and they are swollen(she showed me her feet). I cant sit because my back pains as well. I am OK this way sweetheart” I could not say anything, because she could not sit nor stand. I felt pretty bad for her state and asked her why cant she go by a cab and even offered her to call the cab for her. She smiled and her teeth less jaw was visible and she said “I cant afford it love”. I have to stay mum. She continued “ I am 82 love and have 5 children; unfortunately no one is around and I live in an old age home”. She continued her story while the bus turned up and we all got back in the queue. I carefully avoided the seat next to her as I really could not hear her story anymore, but was definitely thinking about her and how her family would be. This is life everywhere, irrespective of east or west.
PS: I had written this blog ages back, but it is up only now because of lack of time/interest.

2 comments:

BlackThorn said...

"This is life everywhere" - true, but fortunately most of the time it aint obvious.

Harsha S Rao said...

Beautiful...