Monday, July 09, 2007

Tera, Mera and Uska

Scene 1: Mera: Tera, I am fed of hearing about you, please stop talking about yourself. I have never heard anything more than the ‘I’ word from you. Why do you always talk about yourself? Do you think that people would like it always? Why don’t you analyse the situation and speak, what everybody would like to hear instead of some random things about yourself?...........****Sighs!!!***
Scene 2: (Mera is reading the webpage of Uska, a common friend of Tera and Mera and praising his new article. Tera trying to read what Mera was reading) Tera: Mera, you were accusing me speaking about myself all the time, but now you are appreciating Uska’s article titled ‘Me’. I am sure you can understand that it is all about him and his nature and lifestyle. It is just him talking as a third person, but the crux is still the same, as you say, the ‘I’ word. ……………..*****desperation*****
Scene 3 Mera in his bedroom, on his own, contemplating on the events and the words used in the row, was amazed by the use of words. He thought ‘words are so powerful and the same words mean different when told in different ways. What do you call that, an oxymoron? No…I guess no term for such a thing, but it very frustrating and has put me in awkward situation now, what do I do’ Has Mera committed any mistake? Is it his fault if the words are used in different ways? Is it tough to overcome confusion by explanation, because both of them use the same words or is Mera thinking a bit too much?

No comments: