Sunday, March 11, 2012

Then he appears..........


It was a late night ice cream eating craving that took my wife and me to BDA complex in Banashakari 2nd stage, in Bangalore. It is a beautiful place and normally houses good crowd as the eateries are good and the place makes you feel like a true Bangalorean. It is 10 in the night and we parked our bike in the stand and headed to the Baskin Robbins and spent good 45 minutes there and headed back home by 10.45 ish… I sat on the bike and my wife behind me, we started; however I felt something was not right. The bike was all wobbly and I stopped after confirming that something has gone wrong. It was 11 in the night and the tyre of the bike is punctured. Where would anyone get a mechanic to fix it at that hour of the day? When we were discussing our bad luck, he appears, a man with all the things needed to fix our bike. He was on his bike and he saw our bike in the front and said in Kannada, “Sir, I see the tyre is punctured and I think, we need to fix it”. We expressed our grief and how fixed we are at that time of the day. He says, he has everything to fix our bike and we were thrilled with the fact that he was there to help. We were cheering and just couldn’t believe our luck. We were even thinking that our good deeds of the past resulted in such a miracle. We thanked him more than required, paid him more than what he asked for, for all his help and kindness towards us. We came home on a high as we were so happy that someone helped us at almost midnight.

We narrated the story to my parents and they were happy, while my wife was speaking to them, it flashed to me that the guy might have actually punctured the bike tyre and played all innocent and helpful. We sat back and understood the events that happened and it clearly showed that we were taken for ride. Felt bad about it and was humiliated by the thought of not judging the situation.

1 comment:

Harsha S Rao said...

The need for quick money makes Man intelligent albeit unethical. Guess one should obtain consolation by the thought that perhaps he needed money badly...