Sunday, October 30, 2011

S'he' - Part 1

She has a ‘he’ in her and he is part of ‘she’
 
Sometime, mid April 2011, when 'he' has been contemplating on his life and where is it heading, he made a few firm decisions.


He calls up The Man and says “Sir, I want to talk to you something very important”

The Man “Anything serious? Hope everything is fine”

He, “Nothing serious, but something very important. I can come down now, if you are free. It would take 20 minutes, is it okay?”

The Man “Um… yes, please come down. I will wait for you in my office”

He, “Great!! Will see you in 10 minutes” ….. 

He was little nervous and his heart was pounding a little, not sure of the response to his talks, he was uncertain of his approach. He was wondering, what if The Man gets angry and annoyed and yell at him.. not sure of anything, he still decided to go on and see what can happen….

10 minutes later……………..

The Man, “welcome sir, how are you?” extended his hand for a handshake

He, “Thanks Sir, I am good, you?” shook hands with The Man, little not so sure of how the conversation will shape up

The Man … “Please come, we shall sit in the office” and walked firm.. ‘He’ obediently followed him and sat on a chair while The Man took his chair and a big table between us….The Man said….”yes sir, how can I help you?” and smiled…….

He….. little not so sure on how to start, drank water from his bottle and sat up firm, he tried to have the best demeanour, to not give away his tension out to The Man in front of him.. with little firm voice.. “so.. how are  things? How are  you and your son? What is he upto? I understand from ‘she’ that he is better now and wants to rejoin my company. How is he now; is he better and has no issues?”

The Man …”Oh yeah! He is good, I really should thank you for your advice”, not sure if The Man really was thankful, ‘he’ sat on the chair, trying to listen intently .. The Man continued “he is a lot better now, I feel, he getting back to normal”

He.. smiled and said “glad sir, hope, everything is fine….” And got to the point..”Sir.. I have another very important thing to discuss with you. I am not sure, if you are prepared for this, but I want to say what I think…..What do you think of ‘she’ and me together. I know ‘she’ from the time she has joined my company and I think, I have started to like her. I wanted your opinion of what you think of me… “ 

The Man was neither shocked nor surprised, his expressions were a mix of a lot of things, mostly trying to hide his true emotions ………..

‘He’ continued “Sir… in my life, I have liked very few things and ‘she’ is one of them. I feel, her upbringing is fine and suits my idea of a typical girl, who I want to marry. I am not from a rich class, I am from a middle class family who has got what I always wanted, because I have worked for it”……pause…and he continues “I would like to marry ‘she’ and I wanted to inform you first before I talk to her. I know, there would be issues, but I am okay to fight it out. I am not sure of how much you know about me……..” and started to explain his upbringing and what all he has done in the life so far

The Man listened to ‘he’ patiently with his inputs of what he has done in his life and how things have been with him in life, particularly about his son and ‘she’.  The Man, explained that he was happy that ‘he’ was talking about ‘she’ to him first and not to ‘she’ directly. The conversation went on for about half hour that evening between The Man and ‘he’, both trying to understand how things can be worked out. It was a pleasant conversation, but ‘he’ had a lot of questions about the result

‘He’ was however proud of his decision of talking to The Man and said “I wanted to talk to you first and take your opinion, before I speak to ‘she’. I want you to be aware of it and be okay with it”, for which The Man smiled and thanked ‘he’ and said “let me talk to my wife on this and will let you know soon”….
 
‘he’ said…..”Sir, I want to think about it thoroughly and let me know, because I do not want to play around in such matters and get disappointed”… not sure of why he said that. He did not have a negative thought in his mind for the entire conversation and some amazing confidence that things will work out positively for him, made him to speak more and more about his family and how things can be worked out. 

The Man in the end said, “sure sir, give me some time, I shall discuss it with my wife and get back to you” and he asked, “do you have your horoscope?” for which ‘he’ was not ready and said, “yes I do, only a soft copy as I don’t carry hard copies J “. ‘he’ then showed the softcopy of the horoscope to The Man and he noted it on some paper and made some calculations saying “I know how to read horoscopes and I am no master in it, but still excel on basics” and the conversation went on how the matches are done for a while… The Man in the end came out and handed over she’s horoscope to ‘he’ and said, “you can also show it to your people and then get back”

The conversation ended after 2 hours and The Man left to his home. ‘he’ was elated with the conversation he has had with The Man. He was all smiling and happy about it and went home, only thinking of what had just happened……….

The Man, ‘he’ was talking to all the time was his ‘would be father-in-law’ :) :) :) :)

2 comments:

Harsha S Rao said...

wowo!
Waiting for Part - 2

Sleepyface said...

Congratulations!