Sunday, May 23, 2010

Punctured - Hope Lives on

Monday Morning.. packed up with hectic work schedule starts like this

- Getting ready for a client meet, wearing all the business formals including a suit

- I leave home on my bike to drop my nephew to my cousin's

- The bike wheel punctured on the way to work after dropping my nephew, I think.... bad start

- I park my bike on some street and take an auto rickshaw to reach office

- Just two kilometers on, the auto gave away. The back tyre got punctured !!!

- I take another auto and just a kilometer away, it gave away.... another puncture.... I could not believe it

- I just gave up and decided to walk, though it was almost 11.00 am and I had a client meet at 11.30 am, the office in Electronic City, which was 25 Kms away

but hope lived on I guess... I was walking, pretty much not thinking how the day has started; but thinking how to plan for the rest of the day, with my jacket, helmet, water bottle, my bag in my hand and sweating...

then another auto guy, saw my state and said ' Yellige sir, Banni bidtheeni' (where do you want to go, I shall drop you). I was close to my office and I said, 'elle road end, parvagilla hogtheeni bidi, thanks' (No problem, I have to reach the end of the road, I shall go, Thanks). He said, 'Parvagilla banni, naan yenu charge madalla' (No problem, come in, I wont charge you).

I hopped on to auto and 2 minutes, my office was there. It was good experience, even after such a 'punctured' start of the day, the hope lived on. The client meet was fantastic and we bagged an order as well. May be, it is the luck of another person who had accompanied me.

And all these things happened on the way to office, which is just 4 kilometres away from my home.

3 comments:

Rafiki said...

:) nice punctured start.

Sleepyface said...

Nice. Surely, the last auto driver passed on his luck to you..

Chitra said...

Thats called the Avalanche effect ! Passing on the luck I mean.